Types of Fish in Florida
Marco Island Naples Florida Fish Species Guide
- Minimum size limit is no less than 26″ or more than 34″
- December 15 through January 31, June, July, and August of each year
- Daily recreational bag limit is one per person per day in the Gulf
- Snook permit is required whenever a saltwater license is required. Illegal to possess Snook more than 34″ long
- Illegal to buy or sell
- Some types of Snook are Fat Snook, Common Snook, Swordspine Snook, Tarpon Snook
- Recreational bag limit is two fish possession
- Requires $50 Tarpon tag to possess or harvest
- Ladyfish is also a type of Tarpon
- Minimum size limit is 20″
- No closed season
- Daily recreational bag limit is five per person per day
- Bank Sea Bass, Black Sea Bass and Rock Sea Bass are types of Grouper
- There are also various other types of Grouper whose names include Grouper
- Closed November 1 through April 14 (Gulf Only)
- Minimum size limit is 16″
- Daily recreational bag limit is four per person per day
- Types of Snapper include: Blackfin Snapper, Cubera Snapper, Dog Snapper, Gray Snapper, Lane Snapper, Mahogany Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Queen Snapper, Red Snapper, Schoolmaster, Silk Snapper, Vermilion Snapper and Yellowtail Snapper
- Minimum size limit is no less than 15″ or more than 20″
- Season closed November and December
- Recreational bag limit is five per person per day
- May possess one fish over the maximum size limit
- Sea Trout is a type of Drum, other types of Drum include Atlantic Croaker and Silver Perch, as well as others.
Marco Island Birding: SW Florida Hotels
Sunshine Tours and Charters, Rose Marina, 951 Bald Eagle Dr., Marco Island FL | 239-642-5415
Sunshine Tours offers the best in Offshore, Back Country and Near Coastal Fishing, Island Shelling and Sightseeing aboard one of our four fishing boats. Since 1984, Sunshine Tours has provide unsurpassed on-the-water experiences for locals and visitors alike. Shared and private fishing charters available.
Visit Sunshine Tours Marco Island
Dolphin Study Eco Tours and Cruise, 951 Bald Eagle Drive Marco Island, FL 34145 | 239-642-6899
Get to know our local dolphins on a Marco Island dolphin cruise. The 10,000 Islands Dolphin Project is a long-term study of the abundance, distribution, movement, association patterns, and behavior of bottlenose dolphins of Southwest Florida. Join us.
Book a Dolphin Explorer Cruise
Island Hopper Boat Rentals and Tours, 525 Newport Dr., Naples, FL 34114 | 239-961-2473
Guided boat tours leaving Port of the Islands Marina, Naples, Florida Touring the Everglades and the Ten Thousand Islands area. Rent a pontoon for a full day of fun. Whitehorse Key is a great place to beach your boat and find amazing shells. Walk the island, explore the 10,000 islands, and enjoy a great view of the Gulf of Mexico. Look for manatee, dolphin, alligators and everything the Everglades has to offer. See the 10,000 islands up close.
Visit Island Hopper Boat Rental & Tours - Naples, FL
Avi's Water Sports Jet Ski Adventure Tours, Caxambas Park, 909 Collier Ct., Marco Island, FL 34145 | 239-777-9873
Avi's is a family-owned business that offers some of the most exciting dolphin jet ski tours and jet ski rental adventures on Marco Island. You are invited to take an exciting journey with Avi "The Dolphin Whisperer" and take home a complimentary flash drive of photos from your adventure. Bring the family and make lasting memories. Contact us to book your dolphin Jet Ski tour.
Avi's Water Sports & Jet Ski Adventure Tours - Marco Island, FL