Types of Fish in Florida
Marco Island Florida Wildlife Photography Fish Species Information
- Minimum size limit is no less than 26′ or more than 34′
- December 15 through January 31, June, July, and August of each year
- Daily recreational bag limit is one per person per day in the Gulf
- Snook permit is required whenever a saltwater license is required. Illegal to possess snook more than 34′ long
- Illegal to buy or sell
- Some types of Snook are Fat Snook, Common Snook, Swordspine Snook, Tarpon Snook
- Recreational bag limit is two fish possession
- Requires $50 Tarpon tag to possess or harvest
- Ladyfish is also a type of Tarpon
- Minimum size limit is 20″
- No closed season
- Daily recreational bag limit is five per person per day
- Bank Sea Bass, Black Sea Bass and Rock Sea Bass are types of Grouper
- There are also various other types of Grouper whose names include Grouper
- Closed November 1 through April 14 (Gulf Only)
- Minimum size limit is 16″
- Daily recreational bag limit is four per person per day
- Types of Snapper include: Blackfin Snapper, Cubera Snapper, Dog Snapper, Gray Snapper, Lane Snapper, Mahogany Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Queen Snapper, Red Snapper, Schoolmaster, Silk Snapper, Vermilion Snapper and Yellowtail Snapper
- Minimum size limit is no less than 15″ or more than 20″
- Season closed November and December
- Recreational bag limit is five per person per day
- May possess one fish over the maximum size limit
- Sea Trout is a type of Drum, other types of Drum include Atlantic Croaker and Silver Perch, as well as others.
Ask us about Fishing on Marco Island or share fishing comments. To feature your business, contact us.
Marco Island Birding: SW Florida Hotels
Southwest Florida Hotel Reservations
Visit Southwest Florida. We found Naples and Marco Island Hotel Deals available for a limited time at some of the best hotels in southwest Florida. Play on the Gulf Coast sand beaches or take in a round of golf at a great Naples Golf Resort.
Naples Marco Island FL Hotel Deals
Double R's Fishing & Tours Co. - 25000 Tamiami Trail East - Port of the Islands,
Naples, FL 34114-9602 | 239-642-9779
Explore the natural habitat and wildlife eco-system of the south Florida Everglades. Our two and a half hour eco-nature tour starts in the heart of the Everglades where you will see manatee, then takes us out into the middle of the estuaries of the 10,000 Island to observe the Everglades wildlife.
Sunshine Tours and Charters, Rose Marina, 951 Bald Eagle Dr., Marco Island FL | 239-642-5415
Sunshine Tours offers the best in Offshore, Back Country and Near Coastal Fishing, Island Shelling and Sightseeing aboard one of our four fishing boats. Since 1984, Sunshine Tours has provide unsurpassed on-the-water experiences for locals and visitors alike. Shared and private fishing charters available.
birds | crocs & gators | fish | panthers | manatees | pythons | gopher tortoise
Marco Vacation Rentals | Marco Island Restaurants
Marco Island Realtors | Marco Island Fishing | Marco Resorts
South Florida Attractions | Events | Travel Info | Community